QUALITY ASSURANCE PROGRAM AT MBN
The Quality Assurance Program (QAP) at MBN Clinical Laboratories’ includes both Internal and external quality assurance programs; both are documented and verifiable.
INTERNAL QUALITY ASSURANCE
This comprises of the Pre-Analytical, Analytical and Post-Analytical Phases.
There is a comprehensive manual on specimen collection, packaging storage and shipping that can be shared with the MBN’s corporate clients upon request.
The following are done at this phase to ensure you get quality results:
- Standard Operating procedures (SOPs)
- Quality Control (QC) Testing
- A robust electronic Laboratory Information System (LIS)
- Test method validation of all new testing methods.
- Equipment Quality Systems
- Qualified and Trained Staff
- A strict Bio-safety program
- Good Clinical Practice (GCP).
Post-testing validation of results. This is routinely done to ensure that results make sens and that clerical errors are effectively minimized.
EXTERNAL QUALITY ASSESSMENT (EQA) PROGRAM AT MBN
MBN participates in external quality Assessment Programs offered by national and international bodies.
Our Proficiency Testing (PT) sample providers include:
- Uganda Virus Research Institute (UVRI)
- Supra-National TB Reference Laboratory Kampala.
- HUQAS Nairobi, Kenya.
- One World Accuracy, Canada.
- Collaborative Testing Services (CTS) USA, for DNA Paternity/Maternity testing.
The DNA Laboratory at MBN Clinical Laboratories is AABB Accredited, and undergoes routine external quality assessment by the Collaborative Testing Services (CTS), Sterling, VA, USA. (Click to see Accredited facilities worldwide)
AABB stands for Association for the Advancement of Blood & Biotherapies, (formerly American Association of Blood Banks).